Location:Manchester City Centre
£100k - 120k per year + Excellent package
Director of User Experience
Are you leading UX professional operating at the top of your game? We are proud to be working with one of the UK’s most exciting, innovative, start-ups whose significant growth over the last 12 months has led to this requirement.
With £multi-million backing this is an organisation that is bringing something new to an historic market. Along with their rapidly growing product/engineering team, this role will be pivotal in the rapid scale up of this exciting online offering.
With an exciting launch on the horizon this role becomes even more critical as customer numbers continue to grow.
This is a golden opportunity to spearhead the UX function within one of the North West’s most exciting, up and coming businesses.
So what will you be doing?
- Operate as a thought leader across UX, integrating with wider product ‘squads’ to drive best in class onsite experience
- Champion the overall development and launch of new experiences to enhance customer journey throughout the site
- Help craft and evolve the product design on site with the end user in mind throughout
- Actively build and mentor a UX team operating at the cutting edge of technology
- Promote Design Thinking throughout the organization and help Product accelerate Design Sprints and prototyping
- Lead the creation of User Research function and customer journey mapping for all product designs
- Collaborate with Product Directors, developers, marketers, and customer support throughout the Product process, including discovery, testing and scoping to drive successful launches and iterations.
What will you need to succeed?
- Be currently operating at the head of a UX function, steering strategy ideally within an e-commerce environment
- Used to operating at scale with ability to work closely to product teams. Experience of ‘squad’/’tribe’ based structures would be particularly advantageous
- Experience with building a team of UI/UX designers and leading them through complex projects
- Knowledge of agile working with a proven track record of delivering across various elements of an online businesses output (eComm, operational and ancillaries)
- A track record in operating at senior level with a well-balanced style
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.